New York Fashion Week S 2012: Band of Outsiders

Monday 12 September 2011




I don't know if you still remember back in the days when I first discovered Band of Outsiders how excited I was with the brand. I first heard of them through of an amazing vintage Polaroid-esque look book featuring Andrew Garfield and I completely fell in love with the brand, its concept and what it stands for. I was of course waiting impatiently for their runway show and I got what I was waiting for: a great runway design and a very interesting and cohesive ready-to-wear collection. An interesting touch was the playful finale of the show held in a parking lot in Chelsea, when confetti machines sprayed candy wrappers and fortune cookie sayings on the models during their final walk.

Moving away from the hyper-preppy sportswear look he presented in the past seasons, this year the designer drew his inspiration from perfectly tailored cotton shirts and dresses worn with crisscrossed suspenders, faded wallpaper patterns and long peasant dresses. Among my favorite pieces are the dark blue dress paired with a straw hat, the green outfit featuring overalls, the short lace top/shorts combo and the peasant-inspired dresses.

Here are the most interesting looks from the runway, I hope you'll like them as much as I did!














































What did you like most?

Photos: vogue.fr

5 comments:

letizia said...

I was actually looking at all the pictures, trying to find one that I prefer but I just like all of these outfits! Love black and white...dresses...it seems quite simple but so chic!

Sara said...

Very interesting collection. I totally adore the first look. I like Band of Outsider too!

http://lifeincurl.blogspot.com

Sassi said...

wow, I love the whole collection! the maxidresses are gorgeous!
X

Fashion By He said...

love the post

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

Fashion by He

3QC said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm loving your coverage of NYFW. Looking forward to more!

http://threequarterchic.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...