New York Fashion Week S 2012: Oscar de la Renta

Wednesday 14 September 2011




I haven't ever been much of a fan of showing or talking about one-note collections that only show one type of garment and for this reason I never thought I would want to show you a collection made up almost entirely of gowns. But Oscar de la Renta's runway show proved me wrong: there's nothing wrong with a collection based on gowns, when they are so versatile as his collection was. The lush fabrics and bold colors and the different types of cuts managed to blend in and create a cohesive collection. My absolute favorite is this cobalt blue dress in the opening photo worn by Karlie Kloss, but there were other great pieces as well, such as the first three gowns, the black and white gown with the sheer embroidered top or the nude dress with a red ribbon on the shoulder towards the end of the show. And let's not forget the shoes: how gorgeous are those black or neon yellow shoes with lots of straps?!

Here are the most interesting looks from the runway:



























































What's you opinion on such a collection? Is it too monotonous to present almost only gowns or can it be a good thing if it's done the right way? Do you have any favorite pieces?


Photos: vogue.fr

11 comments:

malakabanica said...

I love the collection. Each dress seems like it comes from a different world, I love it. Beautiful.

My Fashion Bug said...

i think he did good, i love his gowns, so for me is enough... my favorite piece is the 4th dress (the red one with a broidery top) Have a nice day
xx
mariale
My Fashion Bug

Sammie said...

i love oscar de la renta,his dresses are fabulous

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Natasa Blair said...

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!! :)
keep following,and nice job here!

http://www.mydailystylebook.net

Maja K said...

Amazing collection! Those dresses that have wide lower part have fabulous tops! Seriously, I wouldn't wear wide dress but upper part of the dress... Not to mention other pieces, lace dresses are always great to see :) Great post.
Have a spectacular day,

xoxo
http://randomgirl-ishstuff.blogspot.com/

♥byAnja said...

i'm simply in love with the neon yellow dress!!!

http://fashionbymental.blogspot.com/

bohemianbones said...

I love him!!!! the gowns are amazing, so dramatic, the textures and the colors are divine!!!

xxx
www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

Vantage Point Vintage said...

Great pictures!

Hearts,
Nicole http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog/

letizia said...

I'm in lovee with that big red skirt ! it's gorgeous ! oh if I was rich !

Anonymous said...

The body on some of these dresses is just amazing.

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

little lace birdies on the course

Anonymous said...

Well.. gowns are a big thing for the US market I guess. Re the collection, I really like some pieces but not all. Anyway, still so cool to be able to follow all catwalks. And btw, go read my latest article, you might like it (especially the end);)

http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...