Milan Fashion Week S 2012: Gucci

Friday 23 September 2011




I remember how a few months ago I was being blown away by the Gucci FW collection with their bold colors, 70s inspired silhouettes and magnificent gowns. The bar was set very high unfortunately and so I didn't have the same awe-inspiring feeling in the beginning of this spring collection but it got better and better towards the end of the show. The accent in this collection seems to be set either on high-waisted trousers paired with short jackets or on beautifully crafted fringed golden dresses. I have to admit that the collection grew on me and I found a lot of great garments (and bags - did you see the green python bag?!) that I would wear in an instant.

Among my favorite pieces are the outfit in the opening photo, the green jacket with black lapels and chain closing, the green python bag, the white and gold jacket and basically any of the dresses in the last part of the show!

Here are the most interesting looks from the runway:


























































How about you? What are your favorite pieces? And more importantly are you a fan of this gold-mania happening right now? I know I never thought I would be, but you all saw me a few days ago... wearing a golden t-shirt to an event! You have to have fun with fashion and gold seems pretty fun nowadays :)


Photos: vogue.fr

6 comments:

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

AMAZING collection! I'm totally a fan of the gold mania ;)

Happy Friday!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Erika said...

I really like your blog and this collection, I follow you .. do you follow me? :)
tomorrow there will be a giveway on my blog, I'll wait you!

like this: http://www.facebook.com/ #! / pages/My-free-choice/156958107665368

kiss
Erika
www.myfreechoice.net

stellabfashion said...

the dresses are AMAZING!!!!

Taryn said...

some of the earlier looks seem almost awkward to wear but the drop waist dresses are incredible! I'm a sucker for anything 20's inspired

TAO said...

Love the jackets, simple black and white is perfect for me xx

Liscy said...

Oh I looooove !!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...