New York Fashion Week S 2012: Victoria Beckham

Tuesday 13 September 2011




One of the most awaited shows at the New York Fashion Week in the last few seasons, Victoria Beckham's collection, was presented on Sunday morning in a slightly somber atmosphere, as it was taking place during the 9/11 memorials. Fashion goes on though and nothing of the heaviness of that day translated onto the runway or the venue after the show started.

The collection was very good, with fitted dresses, great jackets and a beautiful color palette. I really liked the colorblocking, the big zippers on the outside of the clothes and the thick straps, as I felt that they brought a modern touch to the very elegant and chic garments designed by Victoria. Among my favorite pieces are the dress in the first photo, the short navy and black dress with a sheer panel at the waist, the orange and navy one worn by Daphne Groeneveld and the white gown in closing the show.

Here are the most interesting looks from the runway:










































Which are your favorite looks?


Photos: vogue.fr

14 comments:

Sara - HangoverCHIC said...

gorgeous collection!!

http://hangoverchic.blogspot.com/

Sammie said...

thank you for commenting on my blog :)

very nice collection

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Anonymous said...

Love her use of colours and the shape of those pieces!!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

the spring awakening

Lisa said...

nice inspiration <3

stella said...

i'm loving the look 7. she's doing so well with this collection!

Fabienne said...

Thank you for your comment! I've learned it with this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWD6S0inGoc I hope it will help you.

You have a really nice blog, great inspiration!

letizia said...

this is so...well, Victoria B. !! I like the total orange long dress, very classy!

Ceciliette said...

Really? Victoria? Mmm i never liked her or her style.. Third look is the only that makes it worth it for me.But i see everyone loves it.. maybe it will grow on me...

xx

Amber said...

I never liked Victorias style either, but this collection is okay. My favorite look is the last one...less tightly fitted, though, I do like some of the more fitted dresses. Good review of the collection though.

kukiskuku said...

i also love travelling . following you now.please follow back if you like my beauty and fashion blog. :)

Anonymous said...

All the black and blue styles are quite good.. though, sorry honey, but yes, I do have to agree with some other girls' comments: 1) I think Victoria Beckam dresses chicly but nothing extraordinary and 2) this collection is ok (mainly because the cuts seem quite well made) but it is again nothing exceptional/new/nothing to do with real haute-couture fashion shows.. Sorry, this is maybe because I just hate her so much. Anyway, so COOL to be able to see all the pics from the shows and comment on them like we are all fashion critics ;))


http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com/

Amira Rasool said...

I love Victoria's other collection
but I'm not feeling this one
too much leather, for a spring/summer collection

http://www.bobbieaustinscloset.com/

SAM said...

Her line looks promising! I especially like those big rectangular bags.

www.justfaabulous.blogspot.com

Fashionthroughtravel said...

Thank you so much for all these lovely comments!
I love it when people actually start discussing and defending or dissing a certain designer. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I always think it's amazing when I manage to give a small impulse in that direction. This is why I started my blog, to talk to people, to find out what they think and to see them defending their opinions. It's always very interesting to see more points of view.

Thank you for commenting and I hope I'll hear more from you in the next weeks, my fashion critics!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...