New York Fashion Week S 2012: Michael Kors

Thursday 15 September 2011




I would like to start today's post by thanking you for a very interesting discussion on the Victoria Beckham fashion show. I think it's really great when people start commenting and discussing about what they liked and didn't like and showing their point of view just like fashion critics do. On another note, a friend of mine the AbsolutelyFaaabulous Miss J just wrote a great Q&A post about Fashion Week in general, where you'll find useful links and tips. Thanks for nominating me as one of your go-to blogs for catwalk reports!

And now returning to our daily business, Michael Kors presented a very interesting collection yesterday, inspired by safaris and the African culture. You could also see a bit of Yves Saint Laurent's Saharienne in some of the garments, I loved it! I really liked his prints, the fabulous once-piece swimsuits, the oversized shoulder-bags and the flowy dresses. I thought that the belt-bags (or whatever you would like to call them!) were a very interesting and dynamic touch that worked well with the whole tribal concept, but I'm not yet sold on the shoes, they feel a bit too harsh for me, but yet again they fit in well with the concept of the show. 

Another thing that I really liked was the interplay between womenswear and menswear, which was really great; the pieces were complementing each other and the collection looked very cohesive. Absolute stunners: the fringed/feathery leopard print dresses, the zebra shirt dress, the one-shoulder sheer zebra print gown and the alligator bags.

Here is my selection of the most interesting looks from the runway:






































































Another plus point for me is that I got to see Erin Wasson on the runway again, so cool! How about you? Did you like this collection? What are your favorite looks?


Photos: vogue.fr

14 comments:

Sara - HangoverCHIC said...

the warrior-jungle look its cool but nthng impressive!still i love his other creation :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much dear!!!

http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com/

Ioana Liliana said...

Great looks!


Fashezine

Miriam said...

Wonderful collection!!!

Kisses,
Miriam
Fashion Crazy Ball and My Facebook Page

Amira Rasool said...

Michael Kors always does beautiful things with neutral colors
not my fav collection from him, but overall it's nice

http://www.bobbieaustinscloset.com/

Marissa D said...

just loved the maxi featherish leopard print dress!

bohemianbones said...

I was never a big fan of M. Kors, but this collection is so amazing!!! Maybe its my favorite so far! The tunics/dresses are a must have!!!! At least I really want one!!! <3

Love it all!!!
and I started following u!
xxx

www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

Alessandra Mazzini said...

Love love love!!!!! everything!! His collection looks so connected to the earth!!

http://www.fashionindahat.com/

MJ said...

Such a great collection! I love those tribal prints and fabulous bathing suits!

stylebymj.blogspot.com

Mia M. said...

love it! thanks for posting!

bisous,
mia

HEYLILAHEY

Unknown said...

mk always has amazing collections! thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment! :)

http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com

brittany witkin said...

I'm in LOVE with the leopard! so many inspiring images!

HeyDahye said...

Love all of these pictures. Amazing items. I'm now following!

http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

Celina said...

Love the orange and the zebra-dress !!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...