Paris Fashion Week S 2012: Lanvin

Tuesday 4 October 2011




Designer Alber Elbaz managed to present another beautiful collection for Lanvin a few days ago in Paris. Besides the beautifully crafted dresses (a House specialty I could say) the accent was on tailored suits and imposing jewelry. I really liked how the designer built up momentum with a really dark and tailored esthetic before showing off his magnificent sheer and colorful dresses. The styling followed one of the major trends we've seen during these past few weeks - the wet 'do paired with a natural makeup, so it complemented the clothes without taking your attention away from them. One thing that I didn't understand in this concept was the futuristic eyewear, like that worn by Freja, I wasn't a big fan to be honest.

Among my favorite pieces were the peach and black ensemble worn by Natasha Poly, the beaded dress with a snake motive, the sheer black dress with a statement neckpiece, the nude pant and blouse, the bejeweled minis and virtually any of the last few colorful dresses (I just loved the flow of those materials and the details on the neckline, shoulders and waist!).

Here is my selection of the most interesting looks from the runway:
























































What part of the show did you enjoy more - the dark side or the feminine side? What were your favorite looks?


Photos: vogue.fr

4 comments:

mimi said...

i LOVED this show (as well as the isabel marant show you have posted below). lanvin is always so simple but classic! which was your fav piece?
mademoiselle mimi

LeSimple said...

very nice
xx

lesimple.sk

skippysays said...

I don't get the futuristic eyewear either! I like the feminine looks more
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Definitely, I love Lanvin in Elbaz's era.

Thanks for visiting me and leaving me a comment on my blog.

Cheers,

Marián
http://www.go-fashion-go.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...