On the pier

Wednesday 12 October 2011




After all this talk about fashion I thought I'd spice things up a bit and talk about travel for a change, since I've neglected this part lately. As the cold struck, I found myself thinking about the warm, sunny days at the seaside and this story came to mind. Some time ago while I was living in Maastricht I went on a day trip to Belgium and towards the end of an insane marathon of cities I discovered this little gem at the seaside: Oostende, a small city about an hour's train ride from Brussels. The city itself is not that spectacular and definitely doesn't deserve more than a two hours stop, but once you arrive at the waterfront everything changes, it's like you would never want to leave! Apart from the enormous beach the main attraction point is the pier, one of the longest piers I've seen providing a breathtaking view of both the sea and of the skyscrapers lining the beach. I couldn't believe my eyes, I literally thought I had landed right in the middle of Inception while I was taking these photos (you know, that scene where Cobb and Mal had created their own city at the seaside)! But enough with the talking, here are some photos that I took:














Have a great day!

17 comments:

Alix said...

WOw. very impressive

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Great photos!! :)
kiss,yumiKo

yumikontheworld.blogspot.com

burke said...

what an amazing pictures... Its like a dream!!!!

I follow U!
Xxx ;)

Emmanuelle said...

my mum's family live in belgium, it's such a beautiful country... dreamy pictures...

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures!!! :-)

SecretFashionLove said...

Great Pictures.

Love S.
http://secretfashionlove.blogspot.com/

c said...

amazing pics! we really do love these skies at sea!

<3

Unknown said...

Great pictures...

http://between-heels.blogspot.com/

Le Chat Noir said...

Wow very beautiful pictures!
blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

GiorgioCiccone said...

Wonderful photos ... Love colours and magnifique sky!
Take a look at my blog and if u like it follow my blog
for more info about me visit my blog
xoxo
GROUNDBREAKING

Tasneem said...

lovely pictures! x

Unknown said...

Beautiful sky! Love the pics:)

***

Giveaway na thelittlefrogdesign.blogspot.com

***

Bonnie said...

These clouds are GORGEOUS. They deserve the capital letters. They are just.that.beautiful. I love how luscious they are.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Leslie Christen | Fashion Stylist said...

WOW those clouds are fantastically beautiful

xo Leslie

Alessandra Mazzini said...

Amazing photographs!

www.fashionindahat.com

Sammie said...

those photos are so beautiful!wow!
i have been a lot in oostende when i was a child,my parents and i used to go on holidays there :) it was always so cool :)

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Miss fashionmix said...

So beautiful photos!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...