Festival Fashion: Coachella 2012

Wednesday 18 April 2012




The famous Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival kicked off this weekend and it's celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, but the festival fashion certainly hasn't grown old a second. The festival is as much about the bands as it is about the fashion in the audience and between all the concerts and the stylish pool parties (Lacoste or Mulberry to name just a few!) who can blame them? Stars and regular people alike seem to be enjoying some of this year's trends and reinterpreting them to fit the regular uniform of the festival: a great pair of sunglasses, ankle boots and sundresses or cutoffs and vintage inspired tshirts. Other popular choices were tribal prints, felt or straw hats, lace shorts and flower garlands. Among my favorite star looks were the ones sported by Rebecca McCormack, Kate Bosworth and Emma Watson, but the models were a tough competition: just look at the lovely two piece worn by Dree Hemingway or at Cara Delevigne and Karlie Kloss! Let's quit the chit chatting and have a look at some of the great styles spotted during the first weekend of the festival:


























The poolside parties by Mulberry and Lacoste were full of stylish people and models off duty:










Arizona Muse

Dree Hemingway

Dree Hemingway



Kassia Strauss, Jacquelyne Jablonski and Hanne Gabby

Chanel Iman

Karlie Kloss and Cara Delevigne

Isn't this one of the world's best festivals? It's the place where music and fashion come together in perfect harmony. I would love to attend one day... How about you? Have you been to Coachella? How about other music festivals?

Photos: refinery29

14 comments:

The Hearabouts said...

I would LOVE to go to Coachella!

It seems that great fashion is a must(as well as great legs!!). I wish I could choose a favourite from these photos, but I can't, I love them all.

Can't wait for festival season!

Hugs,
S.

Can't Afford Chanel said...

I love festivals' outfits. It gives me huge inspiration to my festivals' outfits :)

Can't Afford Chanel Blog

Outside Looking In said...

I haven't been to Coachella...might never make it. Love all the colors and prints though! Great post!

Marika said...

What a wonderful place !
In Italy ,there isn't a festival like this....
Thanks for your lovely comment :-)
Ciao

My Fashion Bug said...

I love to see Coachella style... wish i could go!
xx
mariale
My Fashion Bug

margaret cruzemark said...

Great pics - outstanding outfits. I love Coachella babes sooooo much!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

amandamarzolini said...

such a cool , fashionable palce is coachella!
love it;)
the most of this girls are cute noy Vanessa!
Dree is lovely;)
cheers ,
amy

the chilicool said...

Love them all, really! Coachella is so cool!

Alessia

THE CHILI COOL


FACEBOOK

Amy said...

I love to see all the looks from coachella, thanks for sharing!

xoxo, Amy

www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

great outfits!!
I love them!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Amy Shaughnessy said...

This was filled with some really incredible outfits! I loved the effortless style.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Emily said...

These looks are so awesome! Love Emma Watson and Kate Bosworth!
Creamy

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

wow!looks like very much fun! love festivals!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. great blog, very much fun and the topics are ideal for me! following you on bloglovin now

sports handicapping services said...

very nice. I like

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...