Fashion Quote of the Day: Karl Lagerfeld

Thursday 19 April 2012




Karl Lagerfeld is one of fashion's biggest creative geniuses over the past few decades in my opinion. He revived the House of Chanel, he manages several other labels, he's a photographer - he does everything by himself! I feel very inspired by him and I love his style and strong personality. Don't you remember that I even waited outside for two hours at the back entrance of the Grand Palais after a fashion show just to see a glimpse of him in his car? That is a wonderful memory. So I dedicate this day to him as my inspiration!

Here are a few photos from an editorial in Vogue where he talks about the music he loves. I really felt that his quirkiness and his personality came through in these photos, so an inspirational quote was in order:








I certainly do think that personality is extremely important, not only in fashion but in our everyday lives as well. In order to be memorable, you must be identifiable and you must be yourself. Way to go Karl!

Photos: Vogue, google

20 comments:

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

cute post :)
kiss kiss

http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.it/

Antonella Leone said...

eh si :) concordo a pieno con e :D anch'io l'adoro e credo che con chanel stia facendo un ottimo lavoro :)

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

yes, he definitely is one of greatest! thanks for sharing his quotes!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Anonymous said...

amzinnngggg!!!! great photos I LIKE IT!!!! ;O)))) i found your blog, i follow you, i hope you follow me back (if you like me blog) big kisses from germany ;****

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I am a big fan of herr karl, he is such a genius!!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

Nav said...

love the first photo, so cute!

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

agasuitcase said...

Great post!I love Karl's design so much!
Kisses
Aga

Check my new post
www.agasuitcase.com

Manu Luize said...

I agree with this quote.
OMG, you saw him in person! Even if it was on the car, maybe next you will talk to him.

Have a great weekend,
Manu Luize.
http://manuluize.com

Ceciliette said...

Never heard about that quote! but i must said it´s a genious one!

Marissa D said...

he is one of the greatest designers!Go karl!

the chilicool said...

Great post! Karl is the king!

Alessia

THE CHILI COOL


FACEBOOK

Aurelia said...

Great inspirations, great quote. I am following your blog pls visit mine, I hope you will follow back
http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

Can't Afford Chanel said...

Karl Lagerfeld is a hudge personality.

cantaffordchanel.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lovely Post!
I adore Karl also so much! He's amazing,
thank you for the comments dear :)
XO
www.Jazzybelleslife.com

Chunky Cat said...

He is seriously so amazing :) you sound obsessed lol love the first photo! xx.

M.E said...

Karl the man!! he really got it all within the fashion industry ;)


http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

Outside Looking In said...

I would wait that long to see a glimpse of him too! He's genius! I love the first picture!

sports handicapping services said...

personality style.

Ĺšwiat w kolorze blond said...

very interesting and inspiring post:)
http://www.swiatwkolorzeblond.com/

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags outlet
jordan shoes
san antonio spurs
carolina jerseys
michael kors handbags wholesale
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
lebron james shoes
washington redskins jerseys
skechers outlet

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...