Dolce and Gabbana Spring 2012 Ad Campaign

Wednesday 4 April 2012




Brand: Dolce and Gabbana
Season: Spring 2012
Models: Monica Bellucci, Bianca Balti
Photographer: Giampaulo Sgura
Location: Portofino, Italy

Dolce and Gabbana's Spring 2012 ad campaign is a beautiful ode to the traditional Italian values that D&G has always stood for: Italian spirit, tradition, family, love, passion and happiness in living the moment. D&G manages to draw its inspiration from the past, while making it modern and contemporary and this was caught great on film by the photographer, Giampaulo Sgura. We can see how all the traditional elements of Italian clothing are present in the collection - starting with the black dress for the women and the dark trousers and white shirt for the men - but they are presented in a modern way.

Monica Bellucci wears black and Bianca Balti complements her severe looks with fresh and bold colors. The images create a story around a typical Italian family presenting key moments in their lives, such as the first communion, quality time with the children, the first boyfriend, afternoons at the beach, Sundays with the family and family parties. Dolce and Gabbana stay true to their roots in this genuine Italian ad campaign.
























Doesn't Portofino suit this collection? It's so full of life, laughter and passion!

12 comments:

Outside Looking In said...

I love these ads---they're so much fun! Wow, thanks so much for putting the Hermes bags on your agenda! She has a gazillion so it'll be very fun to see!

sepatuholig-Grace Njio said...

I love these campaign of D&G, been seeing it in the Indonesian Bazaar magazine! Its great that you post the whole series. RE: Ikea, yes I did tried the Lingon Syrup... in love with it too... thank you for your lovely comments on my blog! You are welcome to visit again soon...
http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I just love your blog :) i am your newest follower and would love you to check mine out and we can follow each other?

www.thesequincinderella.com

www.facebook.com/TheSequinCinderella.com.byNicolaMcLaughlin

Ceciliette said...

I´ve always loved the big prints they use.. i don´t know how they made the weirdest ones look completely great!

xx

Eva said...

Wow, I love this lookbook! Italy is so amazing and they captured it all in a set of photos. Breath taking

Can't Afford Chanel said...

I love this campaign it's so Italian!!

Can't Afford Chanel Blog

Thick Threads said...

I love it, you're right its full of life and tradition, the clothing is very classic but modern, love it :)

xo
Anita

margaret cruzemark said...

I loved this campaing. Monica and Bianca look amazing!!!I love your blog. I am a follower from now on!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Ruby And Siel said...

I hadn't seen this one before, it looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

Sofia Loren style all the way

D&G eyeglasses said...

Fabulous ad campaign! I like this D&D ad campaign. I'm fond of its beautiful scenery and splendid dresses. Their prints are really eye-catching and gentle.

D & G eyeglasses said...

Fabulous ad campaign! I like this D&D ad campaign. I'm fond of its beautiful scenery and splendid dresses. Their prints are really eye-catching and gentle.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...