The Great British Fashion Stamp Set

Friday 1 June 2012




The Royal Mail Service launched "The Great British Fashion Stamp Set" to honor the 10 top fashion houses in England. The list of brands includes iconic names such as Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith or Vivienne Westwood, but also less known brands for those of us that aren't British. The London-based graphic designer Johnson Banks worked together with fashion photographer Solve Sundsbo to create the illusion of movement on the stamps. They shot real live models wearing the garments and later removed the silhouettes from the photos and thus managed to give this sense of dynamics on the stamps. I think the end result looks pretty great and interesting!




















What do you think about this set of stamps? I think they look really good in the small format.What's your favorite one?

Photos: Solve Sundsbo and Johnson Banks

15 comments:

ilovetrends said...

They are so great!
xoxo

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

such a clever idea, my choice is definitely AMQ, but not because it is the most well known and popular one these days, because I love the design, love feathers. Lovely weekend : )

Ceciliette said...

OMG this is a great idea! I love the Vivienne Westwood stamp!

Filipa said...

I think this is amazingggggg...
My fav is the Zandra Rhodes!!!
:)
XOXO

Unknown said...

Oehhhh how nice!
Really great idea!

And again, love your blog. A real fashionnnn blog with no bulshit just pure fashion.

XOX
www.Jazzybelleslife.com
JazzyBelle <3!

Diana Marks said...

those stamps are amazing!

check out my blog and, if you want, let's follow each other on GFC or Bloglovin' or both ;)

www.LAByDiana.com

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH THESE ARE SO FREAKING COOL!!! I need them in my life... just because.

>'.'<

Manu Luize said...

Amazing! They are SO beautiful, my favourites are on the 3 first images.

Have a great weekend,
Manu Luize.

Antonella Leone said...

fantastic <3 I love this clotes and this post :)

Can't Afford Chanel said...

Wow I want to get letter with his stamp!

Can't Afford Chanel Blog

viewrama said...

nice post darling,i really like it,
come and visit me on

www.viewrama.blogspot.de

Outside Looking In said...

These are amazing! Wish they'd do this in the US! My 2 favs are Zandra Rhodes and Jean Muir---great post!

Flavia Flanders said...

I need to have them all :)
www.flaviaflanders.com
Fringe Indie Magazine

Call me M said...

Really clever idea! I love it! I should start collecting stamps! hehe :)

Prudence and Austere said...

What an amazing idea for a set of stamps. I love it!

http://prudenceandaustere.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...