Fashion Quote of the Day: Marc Jacobs

Friday 8 June 2012




"I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect. They are much more interesting."


I don't know about you, but I love reading fashion quotes! I feel that I'm getting into the mind of the designers and I learn more about them, about what they like or what inspires them. Marc Jacobs is one of the most talented designers out there at the moment (and one of my favorites!) and I really liked the sincerity that has always characterized him. I felt really inspired by his quote. We don't have to be perfect, otherwise we're boring. When there's something slightly off, it's then that the magic happens. To go with the quote, I chose a set of photos shot by Annie Leibovitz for Vogue US January 2012 issue showcasing some of the designer's best work between 2003 and 2008 and of course the iconic Spring/Summer 2012 caroussel collection. Enjoy!






Who's your favorite designer? Give me a hint and you'l find more about him/her here!

14 comments:

Filipa said...

wow!! those 2 pics are amazing!!...
I have to be honest.. I really don't have a favourite designer...
XOXO

halfwhiteboy said...

marc jacobs is a god.

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/

Outside Looking In said...

Vintage Chanel. Not too crazy about some of the avant-garde Chanel collections lately. But I love surfing Net A Porter and seeing a designer I don't know and then looking up more stuff about them. I also like designers that make things that are actually affordable for us commoners. But of course, there is always a love for anything shoes, bags, and Chanel. There you have it lol!

Call me M said...

I totally agree with this quote!!!
Marc Jacobs is very talented!!

Can't Afford Chanel said...

Love Marc's projects an I love Marc. It's true! perfection is possible only on gossip Girl but in real life it's boring :)

Can't Afford Chanel Blog

the chilicool said...

Love Marc Jacobs, such a god!

Alessia

THE CHILI COOL


FACEBOOK

Flavia Flanders said...

Marc Jacobs is my favourite by far, amazing!

www.flaviaflanders.com
Fringe Indie Magazine

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

That first picture of MJ is amazing!!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

Thick Threads said...

His quote is pretty much exactly how I feel :) the mainstream is boring, i like a little bit of weird :)

xo
Anita

margaret cruzemark said...

This is such a great post. I love it!!! A gorgeous selection of images!!!I am not the biggest fan of Marc but I love what you present here.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Steph Yt. said...

fabulous post! this is so nice! I totally agree with Mr Jacobs! Genius man!

xx
-S
Ginger and Lace

Fabrizia said...

Marc Jacobs is a genius fashion designer 'cause he can create something so preppy for Luois Vuitton and something very different for him collection. He has a smart mind and great ability.
Love him!

www.prettytobehappy.com

Unknown said...

coach outlet online
toms shoes
fitflop clearance
hilfiger jeans
oakley sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton purses
cheap nba jerseys
toms outlet online
cleveland cavaliers jerseys
true religion jeans
2017.2.18chenlixiang

Unknown said...

Nice Post,
Information about cars and news about the latest cars. Visit my blog.

New Ford Torino

Chrysler Town And Country Interior

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...