Paris Men's Fashion Week AW 2012: Louis Vuitton

Saturday 21 January 2012




The first show of Paris Men's Fashion Week that caught my eye was Louis Vuitton and it wasn't only because of the fabulous leather bags or the insanely cool runway. What I really liked was the play between exaggerated accessories and slim suits - it was really interesting, bringing that extra touch that transforms a normal look into something special. The big, colorful wool scarves and the prints on them livened up the somber color palette, but however great they were, I felt that my "oversized" line was crossed with the red and black coat - it felt a bit too big.

Among my favorite items I can cite the camel coat, the suits with feather broches, the short brown fur coat, the blue striped trousers, the blue and brown suits towards the end of the show and last but not least the amazing shoes. The accessories were spot on, completing the otherwise flawless looks with a touch of parisian air (yes, I was definitely thinking of the beret when I wrote that!). Here is my selection of the most interesting looks from the runway:












































And because we all love Louis Vuitton becuase of their craftsmanship with leather, here are some of my favorite accessories:













What did you think about this Parisian collection? Do you find some differences between the Milan air and the Parisian one? What are your favorite pieces? Oh and I almost forgot! Is it just me or did someone else also spot a Star Wars/Inception reference in that oversized white winter coat?


Photos: GQ

6 comments:

Sammie said...

the coats are pretty cool :) nice men's collection :)

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Marissa D said...

i love the suits ,they are so well tailored! + the bags are gorgeous i could carry them too!

Outside Looking In said...

Wow, these are really nice. I LOVE the two-tone suit and agree the shoes are really cool! I LOVE all those bags and would carry any of them hehehe. Nice post dear!

www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

devishanty said...

really love the brown coat in first picture!

margaret cruzemark said...

God I love everything in this post. So many stylish men with great accessories!!Well done!!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Marissa D said...

i prefer paris fashion week but i'd love to see men more classic like milan fashion week

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...