Christmas Market in Maastricht

Wednesday 11 January 2012




So, you've said you were wondering where I had been and what I had seen while I left you. Well, this is the beginning of my photo journal: the Christmas market in one of the two central squares in Maastricht - the Vrijthof. Every year they set up this winter wonderland theme with lots of Christmas lights, a giant ferris wheel, small huts selling hot wine and chocolate, food and sweets and even a skating rink. In a small town like Maastricht, this really looked like a fairy tale! Enjoy the photos and see if you can spot me in one of the blurry photos (my mom wasn't that good with the camera haha!) :


















Do they organize Christmas markets like this one in your home town? I really love them, I almost wouldn't feel like Christmas anymore without the lights, the smell of hot wine, the carols and the joyful people! 

8 comments:

The Hearabouts said...

Wow, so pretty! I adore Ferris wheels and carousels :)

Hugs,
S.

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful! I love these kind of markets - they make winter feel more special. And since in Ireland winter is more like a wet summer, I enjoy these markets even more.

>'.'<

Outside Looking In said...

Great pictures! The lights are so pretty! No, we don't have any Christmas markets--the outdoor activities are saved for summer fairs and festivals. I'll take some pictures for you this summer. Hot wine? No thanks.

margaret cruzemark said...

These are great pics. I m afraid that my answer is no, they do not organize christmas markets in my town and this is such a great idea!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Judith said...

Wauw, amazing pictures! Here, we don't organize christmas markest in our town, but I totally love it! XOXO

Jessica Jersey said...

amazing photos (:

www.jessicajersey.blogspot.com

Anđela Vitorović said...

Looks wonderful! :)

devishanty said...

such fun.. lovely photographs :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...