It's a color blocking thing

Wednesday 23 November 2011




I'm usually a black, grey, navy and the occasional white kind of girl, so I don't really know what happened to me lately, but as you know I started loving sequins and as crazy as it may sound also COLOR! Yes, you read that well, the black/grey/navy girl discovered the colorful girl inside! And it was about time, with all this magical color blocking going on on the streets. My favorite mixes are blue and orange, yellow and olive, navy or purple, denim and anything else and of course the star mix of the season red and fuchsia. Here are some shots of fabulous women in very colorful outfits, but also some softer colors or back and white alternatives for those of you who are just starting with this "color" thing and are still shy with the mixes:






















And because having fun with colors is not only for the girls, here is the menswear version:








How about you? Are you the dark shade kind like the old me or are you slowly starting to love colors and color blocking like apparently the new me does? What are your favorite color mixes?


Photos: tumblr

15 comments:

GoNcha GoNcha said...

love color blocking. this is what we need during winter time.
have a Cupcake sweet day;)
http://gonchagoncha.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Lovely post! I need colors!
Have a nice day...

(www.the-parisienne.com)
..and maybe we can follow each others! Let me know if you want!

Judith said...

Love this pictures! :)

My Fashion Bug said...

love the pictures! i love how color blocking looks in other people but not me!
xx
mariale
My Fashion Bug

Charleston said...

such refreshing colour clashes and combinations, im inspired

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

margaret cruzemark said...

What a fantastic post!!!! I adore the color, i adore the photos you have picked!!! Well done!!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Valeria said...

Hi!!! Thanks for comment and for following my blog!!! I'm following back yours as I really like it!!! Let's stay in touch!!! xoxo

www.rockandfrock.com

Anonymous said...

Love this post about color block!

XX
http://www.thelatestfashionissue.com/

Elfena said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG, WHAT ABOUT FOLLOWING EACH OTHER?

Veronica P. said...

I love all the colors in the world!

Eunicia Balaj said...

Lovely pictures! Check out my international giveaway! If I inspire you, do please follow me. XX

Xo,
Mybrunetteworld.com

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Fabulous collection of photos! I adore colorblocking, such a great trend :)

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

c said...

awesome post! it really is a great inspiration!!

<3

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Really inspiring post, love these photos!
Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

Fox House giveaway on my blog!
Cosa mi metto???

V said...

I love this trend it brings so much life to peoples outfits, I love it. Their is a giveaway on my blog I think you will you love, please pass by to enter.

-V

http://stylishlyme.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...