Black Magic

Thursday 24 November 2011

The Black Lacquer Eye (Yves Saint Laurent and MAC)

Magazine: Harper's Bazaar UK December 2011
Editorial: Black Magic
Model: Jira Kohl
Photographer: Jonas Bresnan


I've been obsessed with dark eyes, eyeliner, kohl and mascara ever since I was little and I was constantly trying on my mom's makeup, but the real obsession only started when I bought my first very own kohl pencil when I was about 14 years old. Although I thought it looked weird at first, I fell in love with it and I keep true to it every day. When I saw these photos in Harper's Bazaar UK's December issue I thought that this was the perfect occasion to talk to you about my obsession for black. Model Jira Kohl is featured in this magnificent beauty editorial presenting three different ways to create the perfect smoky eye and the clear face and lips that go with it. Enjoy!


The Black Matte Eye (Yves Saint Laurent)

The Black Glitter Eye (Giorgio Armani and L'Oreal)

How about you? Do you usually use eye liner or kohl to bring contrast into your eyes or are you more of a fan of the barely-there or pastel makeup trends? Which is your favorite out of these three looks?


Photos: Harper's Bazaar UK

10 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

beautiful :)

just liked your fb page
check me out on "pinklemonincrystal"!

c said...

lovely! I like the make-up!

thanks for your comment!

Sammie said...

i really like dark black eyes,but sometimes when i want to do this,it actually looks as if someone had punched me in my face :)
but i do like this kind of eye make up :)it's so dramatic

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Margaret said...

amazing shoot, personally I can't imagine my life without black eyeliner ! <3

Judith said...

I love it :)

Andrea B. said...

Lovely!
I'm now following you , do the same if you want:
WWW.FASHIONSCARFBOY.COM
Kisses Andy

Angela said...

Superrr...j'aime bien les photos

Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

yiqin; said...

amazing makeup!

Stella said...

I love this make up, it's perfect for party time!

http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags
yeezy boost 350 white
kobe 9
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
jaguars jersey
michael kors handbags sale
north face
dolce and gabbana

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...