Paris Fashion Week: Sonya Rykiel

Tuesday 15 March 2011




I really like Sonya Rykiel and her crazy colors, prints and knitting and this show was full that! A lot of different textures, funky colors, oversized fur collars or sleeves, extra large scarves, you name it! The collection was very feminine and playful, just perfect to lighten up the usual fall colors. Amongst my favorite looks were mixing fur collars and wool scarves, the knitted dress with the bow in the front and the oversized mustard jacket with big pockets. Nevertheless, there were two clear show stoppers at this show in my opinion: the checkered red wool suit/orange fur collar combo and the amazing outfit with patterns in contrasting colors ranging from blue to orange, green or beige with the matching coat and dress. I really liked the retro look of the bags too! A detail that I thought was really interesting was that the models stayed on the runway posing after they presented their clothes, while other models came down the runway. I added a more dynamic and interactive touch to the show. Here are some of the best looks from the runway:
































Photos courtesy of Imaxtree.com and Matteo Volta

2 comments:

L said...

one of the best parts of fashion is the traveling, and vice versa :-)
—Lorena

Sam said...

I subscribe to that! :)

ps: I really liked your blog, full of color and travel! ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...