Style profile: Florence + the machine

Sunday 20 February 2011




I thought you might like to recover from the frenzy of this past fashion week before jumping straight into another one tomorrow, so I decided to present you an artist I recently discovered, Florence Welch from Florence + the Machine. Her music is a combination of various genres including indie, pop and soul, as is her personal style. What I really like about her style is that she knows what she wants: she mixes patterns and prints, she even finds the outfits for her shows alone, sometimes even that same day by browsing through local second-hand shops. Her quirkiness works at her advantage! When asked about her music, Florence says that she wants her music to "sound like throwing yourself out of a tree, or off a tall building, or as if you're being sucked down into the ocean and can't breathe. It's something overwhelming and all-encompassing that fills you up, and you're either going to explode with it, or you're going to disappear."


Photo by Ellis Parrinder



















I'm guessing you must be curious to know how she sounds like now! I love the esthetic of this video - a remake of an earlier version, with the pale make-up and soft colored clothes contrasting Florence's red hair, I found the whole concept very intriguing:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...