Oscars 2014: Best Dressed

Monday 3 March 2014


Cate Blanchett - Armani Prive

I thought we could take a break from fashion week and have a look at my favorite looks from the red carpet of the Oscars last night. As usual, I didn't manage to stay up and watch the show, but I already read every piece of gossip about it! I can't wait to actually see the whole thing! 

The looks from the red carpet were very diverse, with a penchant for ethereal dresses in nude colors or classic black and white frocks. Among the most stunning creations of the evening were the skincolor Armani Prive gown with appliqued flowers, the Elie Saab sparkling number, the pale lavender Roberto Cavalli strapless dress, the pale pink Giambattista Valli, the baby blue Prada with a plunging neckline and of course the stunning black Christian Dior frock. Have a closer look and tell me what you think of these looks:


Amy Adams - Gucci

Angelina Jolie - Elie Saab

Charlize Theron - Christian Dior

Jennifer Lawrence - Christian Dior

Jessica Biel - Chanel

Julia Roberts - Givenchy

Emma Watson - Vera Wang
Julie Delpy - Jenny Packham

Kate Hudson - Atelier Versace

Kerry Washington - Jason Wu

Kristen Bell - Roberto Cavalli

Kristin Chenoweth - Roberto Cavalli

Lupita Nyong'o - Prada

Matthew McConaughey and wife Camila Alves - Dolce & Gabbana/Gabriela Cadena

Naomi Watts - Calvin Klein Collection

Penelope Cruz - Giambattista Valli

Sally Hawkins - Valentino

Sandra Bullock - Alexander McQueen

With all these wonderful gowns on display, I think we need some arm candy as well. There were a lot of examples of very fine menswear looks:


Brad Pitt - Tom Ford

Bradley Cooper - Tom Ford

Chris Hemsworth - David August

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Calvin Klein

Leonardo DiCaprio - Giorgio Armani

Pharell Williams - Lanvin and... shorts!

What were your favorite looks from the red carpet? Did I miss anyone? What do you think of Pharell Williams showing up in shorts? It must definitely be an Oscar premiere!

Photos: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

6 comments:

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

Amazing dresses I can't chose one of its, I love all!
kiss kiss

www.thepinkillusion.blogspot.it

Call me M said...

Great choices! I agree with all your picks!
It's been a super long time since the last time I was here. Sorry for that.
And thank you for all your beautiful comments lately! :)

Sam said...

Charlize, Lupita, Kate and Camila, my clear favs. Its always great hearing from you hun.

Louisa said...

So many unique Oscar outfits! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm following you now on GFC #263. Please follow back. Feel free to check out my latest outfit post on OUT IN THE BLUES

Louisa Moje
http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

Envie-2 said...

Nice review :))

raybanoutlet001 said...

nba jerseys
nike blazer pas cher
michael kors handbags
nike blazer
replica rolex
valentino shoes
cleveland cavaliers jersey
hugo boss sale
birkenstock sandals
kansas city chiefs jerseys

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...