DKNY Fall 2011 Ad Campaign

Sunday 31 July 2011




Label: DKNY
Models: Jon Kortajarena, Patrick Kafka, Corey Baptiste, Anne Vyalitsyna, Aline Weber, Izabel Goulart
Photographer: Inez van de Laamswerde & Vinoodh Matadin


To step into a different dimension for this Sunday afternoon, how about a great all-round campaign - womenswear, menswear and jeans? The campaign shot by Inez & Vinoodh used as background the beautiful and boisterous city of New York. Out of the three segments, my clear favorites were the DKNY Men and Jeans Fall 2011 ads, as they were shot in black and white as opposed to colors for the womenswear campaign. Playing with New York's skyline, streets and means of transportation took the campaign to a whole new level, bringing a very dynamic edge to the shoot, which was captured not only in the short film accompanying the print campaign, but also in the shots. Another thing I really liked was that there was a very good cohesion between 3 different segments, created not only through the use of common models but also through keeping the New York theme.

Here are the photos of the campaign and right afterwards the short film. Which one is your favorite campaign - the one for womenswear, menswear or jeans? Do you prefer the black and white shots or the  colored ones?

























And here's the video accompanying the campaign:




Are you also starting to have an obsession with Jon Kortajarena who seems to be literally everywhere these past few months or is it just me?

12 comments:

B said...

Absolutely amazing b/w shots, love the 7'th one with the suits, reminds me of reservoir dogs.

Fashionthroughtravel said...

The Reservoir Dogs reference is so true! I hadn't thought about it :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog and great post!!!
I'm following you! And you? Can you follow each other? :)
kiss,yumiKo

yumikontheworld.blogspot.com

The Disco Pony Girl (CEO and Designer at Disco Pony) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous shoot... Ahhh, the thought of crispy cool New York City right now is making me go all gaga!!!
Hehe, your comment made me laugh so much! thank you! So sweet! <3
Quite loving that chanel-esque jacket the brunette beauty is sporting in the last photo...
So much love
Zoey @ makeshiftmodel xx

Pepa Xavier said...

DKNY was one of my fav collections of NYFW. Those ads are not my favs at all, but I believe that everything looks way too good with Jon Kortajarena.

tessa said...

DKNY... so sexy.

couturelust.com

Henar said...

This is very nice, like it !

Henar ♥
... OH MY VOGUE!

Fashionthroughtravel said...

You left me quite intrigued there, Pepa Xavier. What were your favorite ad campaigns for this fall?

Sara said...

I'm in love with the striped red&pink sweater!!!

http://lifeincurl.blogspot.com

classiq said...

DKNY ad campaigns always have something dynamic about them, shot on the streets of NY. Love both black & white and colour photos. :)
Ada

Liam said...

This is amazing! I love this post and I know a friend (Costin M) that would love this too! I think he likes anything Jon :) I could be wrong, though. Anyways, great blog you have. Keep it up!

Greetings from NYC, Liam

http://urbaneliam.blogspot.com

Michelle Lee said...

Amazing /)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...