Berlin Fashion Week: Day 2

Thursday 20 January 2011

Mercedez Benz Fashion Week in Berlin, Bebelplatz

As I was saying earlier when I finally updated my events page, Berlin Fashion Week just started yesterday and I will bring my bag of goodies twice a day until it's over! What you should expect? Well, how about a few facts about some of the designers presenting there? Too dull you say... Hmm... What else could possibly be of interest to you then? I know! Backstage and catwalk videos! That should do it ;)

As you may have noticed from the title, I'm missing info on the first day so we'll start directly with Day 2. The first catwalk show of Day 2 was from A.F. Vandevorst, a couple of Belgian designers - An Vandevorst and Filip Arickx. After working either as independent designers or for other designers, such as Dries Van Noten, they started their own line and have been presenting it twice a year at the Paris Fashion Week since 1998. They have designed costumes for theatre pieces and for the Royal Dutch Opera and their work has even been presented at the Metropolitan Museum in New York. Anna Wintour described them as the "new guard" for the next millennium. What I enjoyed most from their show? I thought they had a very interesting styling concept for their models that drew the attention even more to their clothes, as the models could be seen as anonymous. I liked the mixes of different shades of brown, the color blocking and I thought those red accents were an unexpected interesting twist! Judge for yourselves:




This is all for now, cause I'm in a bit of a rush, but be sure to check this afternoon for some more videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...