Travel Series: Castiglione del Lago

Monday 6 August 2012




For the last post of this travel series from Italy I saved photos from Castiglione del Lago, a fortified city at the Trasimeno lake. The ruins of the fort and the city centre are beautiful and the lake is a bright blue shade. It was terribly hot though, so we had to hide from the sun in the middle of the day, luckily we found a cute cafe next to the lake and we could enjoy the view! 




Italy is very well-known for its truffles and the region is full of them. There were a lot of big ones on sale at the local stores. The food is also amazing here, but unfortunately every time I received the food first I started eating and I always forgot to take pictures!















What was your favorite city from my trip to Italy? I'm really curious to find out your opinion!

4 comments:

Outside Looking In said...

This is my 2nd fav place you visited! LOOK at that view!! More great pictures and I had to laugh---I always forget to take pictures of my food too! Hope you're having a great time now and can't wait to see the next pictures!

Emily Meyers said...

Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via a friends, and I'm your newest follower! I'd love to have you be my blog friend too and check out a fabulous international TRIPLE GIVEAWAY I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
xo

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

Thick Threads said...

I've never been to italy but your blog is convincing me that i really should! hehe, lovely!

xx
anita

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

Lovely town, I love love love truffles so I can go there just to grab those truffles : ))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...