New York Fashion Week SS 2013: Marc Jacobs

Monday 24 September 2012




Hey guys, seems that I'm excusing myself for the lack of posting quite often these past few months and I'm really sorry about that, but this time I AM going to make amends and I've already figured out how I'm going to do that: tomorrow there will be a fresh new start with Paris Fashion Week! I'm going to report absolutely everything about it (from the first interesting show to the last) like in the good old days! After the Paris craze will be over I'll also go quickly over the notable shows from London and Milan that I've missed, just to keep you also into the loop! But for now until that happens, let's see some more great stuff from New York: Marc Jacobs!

Marc Jacobs, the true chameleon of Fashion Week is back with a stunning change from last year's romantic lines - this time he reinvented himself in a more energetic way with a 60s mod vibe where the main character were thick, horizontal and vertical stripes. The designer described his collection as "a bit of everything that I love - lots of straight lines, T-shirts" and expressed through the subtlety of his show that "young girls need to learn that sexiness isn't about being naked". I really liked his vision and the easiness that is transmitted through his garments: loose T-shirts and dresses, über short shorts, low waistlines, flats and kitten heels and of course the playful Mickey Mouse intarsia sweater. The styling of the models was taking the mod feel of the garments to the next levels with a clever mix between side-swept 'dos, Beatles bowl cuts and exaggerated eyelashes and make-up.

Among my favorite looks were the Mickey Mouse sweater (of course), the striped tshirt, the short brown dress with a ruffled lower part, the white suit with two black lines and the floor length dresses ending the show. Have a look for yourselves at the most interesting looks and pick your favorites:
































































What do you think of this collection? I can't wait to see what he does for Louis Vuitton next week! Marc, you're a true artist that inspires us all!

Photos:Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com

25 comments:

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I am not that sure on how I feel about this collection. It's quite differend from what MJ has done in the past years....i thnk I like it!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

the chilicool said...

Beautiful collection. I love the geometric shapes!

Alessia
THE CHILI COOL
FACEBOOK

Fabrizia said...

marc jacobs is a genius and I love stripes clothing

Unknown said...

I love the last blast of black and white wavy outfit..it's so cool:)

kisses and hugs

EDGYMIX Bloglovin

M.E said...

i loved this collection!! next season is looking very stripy!!


http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Dont worry.. we all know how hard it is to keep on posting something!

I loved the MJ collection.. especially the Mickey Mouse sweater too.. I feel like a little girl again! ;)

http://absolutelyfaaabulous.com

Unknown said...

Love the collection stripes are one of my favourite prints.
I was already missing your post but don't worry all of us have a life apart from bloggin.
I'm finally going to Florence and Bologna next week, so happy about.
Xoxo
City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

i love MJ! nice collection!
kiss kiss

http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.it/

Outside Looking In said...

I really like this collection but I'm sure I would never wear the briefs or dresses quite that short. I would never expose that much skin with the sweaters either, but I really like how different the designs are. I love the long dresses (last) and quite a few of the individual pieces (skirts or jackets). Glad you're back and can't wait to see more!

Sveva said...

great collection!

http://rueoh.blogspot.it/

marykapsi said...

Wow amazing pieces!
MaryFashionLove on Facebook
MaryFashionLove

margaret cruzemark said...

This is way to cool. I really loved all the images and the unique Marc Jacobs style!!!
Thanks so so much for your lovely comment on my blog.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Call me M said...

I really liked most of the collection apart from the really low waisted skirts. Very unflattering especially if you don't have the belly of a model.
So sorry for being away lately, but it's been crazy for me these past couple of weeks.

Antonella Leone said...

marc jacob is a genius <3<3

Ileana said...

Love this collection...MJ is one of my fave...though those huge hats were not cute :S
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Imke said...

Stripes, stripes, stripes, I love it! Great post, I love this MJ collection!

Xo, Imke

Virna Ívinna said...

Amei a coleção!! Listras e listras #inlove

Angelina said...

Such a perfect collection! Nothing less nothing more!

Kisses!

Mitha Komala said...

stunning collection, love them all! <3

Letters To Juliet

Unknown said...

Wow i love this collection!

http://www.anjasfashionblog.blogspot.ch

My Fashion break said...

It has a retro look that I love!

http://myfashionbreak.blogspot.com.es/

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

good evening!:)
kiss kiss

http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.com/

andrea moore said...

I can only represent it by saying 'Amazing Outfits'. After all it's New York Fashion Week Tour. I always love to have these kind of stuffs for me.

adult onesies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John said...

kate spade bags
birkenstocks
adidas gazelle
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordan shoes
mizuno running shoes
adidas superstar
ghd hair straighteners
coach outlet store online
discount oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
skechers shoes
levis 501
lacoste outlet
canada goose uk
replica rolex
nike air max 90
true religion jeans
abercrombie outlet
oakley vault outlet store
canada goose outlet
true religion outlet store
moncler outlet store
cheap jordans
nike air max
burberry outlet online
chi flat iron
michael kors outlet online
michael kors purses
timberland boots outlet
louboutin outlet
hermes belt
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
2016813yuanyuan

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...