New York Fashion Week SS 2013: Victoria Beckham

Monday 10 September 2012




I had been waiting for this moment for a few months: September - the change in air, the change in wardrobe, the first fall leaves and of course the fresh smell of a brand new fashion week season, but somehow the first few days of New York Fashion Week weren't as good as I had expected. Luckily here comes one of the best shows in New York so far: the Victoria Beckham collection!

Moving forward from her signature body-hugging dresses, the designer had a different aesthetic in mind for this collection: letting go of the sculptural in favour of a more relaxed look. We can see this evolution in the lighter, breezier fabrics used for the garments and in the change in contours and shapes. The designer herself, in her show notes, stated that in this collection she wanted to explore "the notion of how a woman can  emotionally connect with her clothes and how they make her feel.". It was a brilliant move!

The predominating colors of the collection were the classic black and white duo with dashes of poppy orange scattered around to liven up the atmosphere. The looks evolve from sober button downs and long skirts towards a younger and livelier note, with tiered minis and a stripe of color. The collection is very edited and well put together, borrowing elements from the 60s, from menswear (the button-down shirts) and even from lingerie, but never being too literal. Everything remains effortless and very chic.

Among my favorite looks I can name the black and white ensemble in the opening photo, the white dress with a rounded collar and an orange stripe, the simple orange dress or the black dress with a sheer v-neck  cleavage. Here are the most interesting looks from the runway:














































And the wonderful designer herself! Doesn't she look more gorgeous every time you see her?




What were your favorite looks from this collection? Do you like the change in designs or do you prefer her former form-fitting aesthetic?

Photos: GoRunway

22 comments:

PityPartyForLessPopular said...

I like the color palette, especially this warm red color. My favourite is the 6th look, love the details.

Deborah D said...

great collection I reaally love it!!

FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW

Evi Mili said...

so nice pics!
i love new york f.w!
GIVEAWAY on my blog!
check it out!
:)
http://talkingaboutf.blogspot.gr/2012/09/first-blog-giveaway.html

Wynne Prasetyo said...

ooh FABULOUS





WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

Antonella Leone said...

f<antastic <3<3 victoria is great <3<3

Unknown said...

Omg very beautiful i love it! I follow your Blog.

http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.ch

My Fashion break said...

I think is quite good.Elegant and chic. I really like it. Thanks for sharing!

http://myfashionbreak.blogspot.com.es/

the chilicool said...

Love her sense of style and so also her collection: feminine, elegant and chic!
Alessia
THE CHILI COOL
FACEBOOK

Unknown said...

I love September too!!! Too many fun things around and I get so excited to see all the stores change the whole settings into fall/winter season!!!

I think I am kind of disappointed too for most collection, so far I really love BCBG:P..to me this collection is MORE workable than her previous one:)..I love those black dresses too!

EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I am not a big fan of VB but I have to admit that I like this collection!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

Outside Looking In said...

She's beautiful and I haven't been a huge fan of her clothes, but I do like this collection---I love the minimalist cuts, colors. Simple, chic and definitely eye-catching. My fave piece is the white and orange color-blocked skirt.

Steph Yt. said...

adoooree this collection!! she has such a great sense of style!

xx
-S
A Fashion & Lifestyle Photography Blog: Ginger and Lace

margaret cruzemark said...

Well, i must admit that she made it. This collection is fantastic.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.gr/

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

great collection!
kiss kiss

http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.it/

Flavia Flanders said...

I loved VB's collection, very feminine shapes for the working women.

You Can Call Me Flanders - www.flaviaflanders.com

Imke said...

I really like her new collection, the pops of orange are amazing!

XO, Imke

Imke said...

Oh, and I don't know when I'm going to Paris again :( It's only a 3 hour drive, so when I get my driver's licence, I might go again! But dang, I will miss the Fashion Week!

And I suggest you don't read War & Peace. Some parts are really good, but I don't like the Napoleon/Alexander parts, as I don't like reading about wars, it's just plain boring to me ;)

XO, Imke

M.E said...

Her collections are always so elegant and stylish, love it!


http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the collection - classic yet feminine
xoxo

Julia

Liliane said...

Love her new collection! It is so sophisticated :)

Anonymous said...

I certainly love the change because this, in my opinion is her best collection yet. The colours, style and the fact they actually look wearable.

xoxo
Ivy
http://notsopoisonous-ivy.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

I've been looking for your twitter but look like you don't have it, how are you? im finally going to Florence and Bologne next month, I CANT WAIT.
kISSES
City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...