Paris Fashion Week SS 2013: Balmain

Monday 1 October 2012




Paris Fashion Week started a few days ago and the big shows are already starting to line up! The first one on my list is the latin-inspired Balmain runway. From Olivier Rousteing's hearty address "Welcome to Cuba!" to his description of the collection everything was memorable. The designer said that the collection is "the nineties, Latin style. I'm into sensuality and powerful women, like the way Peter Lindbergh and Steven Meisel shot them."

The embroideries, the white lace, the crystals, the trademark skinny jeans and the high-waisted trousers were a delight to watch and they will definitely be an inspiration for a dazzling and bold spring. The usually exaggerated shoulders were even bigger and the layering of coats and jackets created very interesting shapes. Among my favorite looks are definitely the lace and embroidered dresses, but also the black and white lace trousers and jacket worn by Anja Rubik. Here are the most interesting looks from the runway:


























































Don;t you love everything about Paris Fashion Week? I think it's the best one! What was your favorite look from this show?

Photos: Monica Feudi/Feudiguaiguaineri.com

7 comments:

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I love this collection, i think that I would buy everything!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

OanaC said...

Molto bella la sfilata ,ero li ! che emozione :)

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

Wow so many great pieces here, the ones I could number are 1-5 and last ones but there are other similar textured pieces in between, I would love to try one of these : ) I want to experience a PFW one day : )

Unknown said...

Ciao, come stai? Che carino tuo blog me piace molto.
Io o cominciato a scrivere su blog da poco , volevo che quando tu ai tempo passi li e poi me lo dica cosa pensi.

Mio blog: http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

O anche una FAN PAGE su facebook che io aggiorno tutto il giorno.

FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/couturetrend1

Ti auguro una buona settimana, Aspetto tua visita!Grande Bacio ❤

Fashion R&D said...

I would love to be at Paris Fashion Week but no, I'm home sitting at my desk (working) with a rainy week ahead. I will live it through you! I love the last look and would love to try some of these pieces---far outside my comfort zone but I like the combination of lace with more edgy pieces.

Outside Looking In said...

Wish I could be there too! I love the black and white looks and while some of the patterns are a bit bold for me, I do like the designs! Very different and bold!

agasuitcase said...

Simply amazing collection, so many great pieces that we will see soon in many editorials
Kisses
Aga

www.agasuitcase.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...