Oscars 2012: Minimal Movie Posters

Tuesday 28 February 2012




We finally know who uncle Oscar's winners are and the French silent movie "The Artist" definitely was the biggest of them all, managing to sweep away both the Best Picture and Best Actor statues with only a few words, amazing music and a fabulous dog. I felt really happy about how things turned out, because I grew up with Jean Dujardin's foolish and funny roles in Brice de Nice or OSS 117 and this was a way for me to see how much he grew as an actor. I felt really proud of him! This one's for you Jean haha!

In order to celebrate the Oscars, here is a series of minimal movie posters created by visual artist Hunter Langston for the nominees for Best Picture:


















Did you already get to see any of these movies? Which one do you recommend then? I only had the chance to see Midnight in Paris and it was breathtaking! Woody Allen at his best - no wonder he got the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. I can't wait to see The Artist, I'll tell you all about it after I see it! Here's the trailer if you're as intrigued as I am:




8 comments:

Outside Looking In said...

These posters are so original and modern! LOVE! I have only seen Midnight in Paris and LOVED it! I was going to wait for the others to come out on DVD and rent them later when I can eat popcorn in bed with my pj's on....instead of dressing for the theater....laziness....laziness....paradise!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Such a great movie! And cool posters too = great post ;)

http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

lovely post!!


Check out my Outfit for the Milan Fashion Week Style and Trouble

Unknown said...

The posters are beautiful! :)

http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

Hazardous Area said...

Fantastic minimalistic posters! And The Artist is truly amazing, but loved Uggie's role mostly, the dos is sooooooo cute! :)
xxx
Kat
http://thehazardousarea.blogspot.com/

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

These posters are so minimalistic and expressive, love them!

If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?

Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
Cosa mi metto???
Enter the Romwe giveaway on my blog!

Corazón de Maniquí said...

I like the artist!
kisses :)

chenlina said...

ugg canada
adidas superstar
ugg sale
tory burch outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kate spade handbags
roshe run
louis vuitton handbags
toms shoes
miami heat jerseys
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ugg boots clearance
ugg australia
rolex watches
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
polo ralph lauren
uggs on sale
cheap jordans
ralph lauren
ugg outlet
coach outlet store online
hermes bags
hollister kids
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
ugg boots sale
nike outlet store
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
prada outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets
moncler jackets
pandora jewelry
michael kors bags
jordan shoes
ugg boots
chenlina20160909

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...