New York Fashion Week AW 2012: Herve Leger by Max Azria

Monday 20 February 2012




For today I chose a mix of rough leather and feminine dresses from the Herve Leger by Max Azria collection. I really liked this idea, as sometimes a dress can indeed be too feminine and with these leather harnesses and knee-length boots, the models look both tough and sexy. The color palette is mostly black, white and brown with the occasional dash of a muted red dress or of gorgeous warm brown shades on a fur vest. I really enjoyed watching this show, also because Ginta Lapina is modelling for this brand and you know how big of a fan I am! Her fringed dress with a brown harness is very cute.

Among my favorite pieces are the outfit in the first photo, the white dress with the black harness, the beige and gold dresses paired with brown harnesses, the sand-colored dress paired with black and brown harnesses on the neckline and waist and last but not least the two gowns towards the end of the show. 

Here is my selection of the most interesting looks from the runway:








































What's your opinion on this collection? Would you wear such mixtures of leather and chiffon?


Photos: Imaxtree.com and Matteo Volta

11 comments:

Judith said...

Deze collectie is niet echt mijn ding, maar hier en daar zitten er nog wel leuke items tussen :) x

liliana said...

bellissimo lili

Outside Looking In said...

The collection is so fun and so very different! I love the first one also. There are others I like too and I think the more I looked at them, the more the harness grew on me. Lucky you for being able to go to the show!

www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fabulous collection! In special I love the last look!

XX
http://www.thelatestfashionissue.com

Sick by Trend said...

I specially like the last ones. Great post!

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Sammie said...

great collection :) it doesn't have these herve leger bodycon super skinny dresses in it,i like that :)

sammie
from
fashionbarbecue.com

Hazardous Area said...

Nice collection, some of the pieces are stunning!
http://thehazardousarea.blogspot.com/
xxx
Kat

Anonymous said...

I did not know Herve Leger was so cool! Love many pieces.. though I am thinking that you really need to have 'The" perfect body to wear them..

http://absolutelyfaaabulous.wordpress.com/

Erika said...

wow

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

kiss
Erika
My Free Choice

Rainbow Gatherer said...

lovely and beautiful!

leather jackets for women said...

Awesome collection man its so lovely.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...