New York Fashion Week AW 2012: Band of Outsiders

Wednesday 15 February 2012




For the first post about New York Fashion week I chose one of my favorite brands showing here, the fresh and inspiring Band of Outsiders collection. I really like the easy going and fun feel of their lines and patterns. Being both a women and menswear collection, I thought of it as a great transition from Men's Fashion Week to Women's Fashion Week.

Among my favorite pieces for women are the black and blue dress in the opening photo, the crisp white floor length dresses, the red trousers paired with the colorful sweater and of course the last few cocktail dresses and the smoking with a twist. Also, I'm a sucker for anything romantic these days, so I just fell in love with the three looks with the hearts pattern. For men, I really liked the colorful looks, the beige suits and coat, the blue vest and (strangely enough) the black overall suit. However, I must say that I didn't find the idea of pairing almost every single menswear look with boots as very inspiring, I would have liked to see some of the looks with shoes instead of those chunky mid-calf length boots.

Here are my picks of the most interesting looks from the runway:
































































What are your favorite looks from this collection?


Photos: Imaxtree.com and Matteo Volta

1 comment:

Rosachiara said...

Your blog is very nice!
I have a blog where I show the garments which I sew! Would you like to visit it?
CONFETTURA ROSA- HandMade Clothing

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...