Milan Men's Fashion Week AW 2013: Burberry Prorsum

Sunday 13 January 2013




Milan Men's Fashion Week started yesterday with a bang: Christopher Bailey's collection for Burberry Prorsum! Using the fashion house's military tradition and mixing it with bold animal prints and surprising colors, the designer presented us with an innovative collection focusing on outerwear - from the classic trench, to duffel and bomber coats. The color palette was was pretty much the classic Burberry - camel, bone, olive, navy and black, with touches of deep red and dark royal purple. Animal print completed the scenario adding a more playful, fashion forward look to the scene. There were even some glasses dotted with leopard spots!

Who could better describe this collection that the designer himself: "I liked the idea of celebrating things that are familiar, classic, the kind of classic Burberry , classic menswear, but I wanted to be playful as well.", thus the recurring military accents and heart motifs. Have a look for yourselves!






























































 What's your opinion on the season's first big menswear collection? I thought it was very entertaining and I really liked a lot of the pieces being presented!

Photos: The New York Times

16 comments:

Angelina said...

This is an amazing collection, I love most of these outfits and to be honest I could easily imagine myself wearing these coats even though they are meant for men. And I love these hearts!

Kisses.

Marissa D said...

sigh....i have always wanted a boyfriend who dresses as a burberry model <3 <3

Good·Taste·of·Life said...

lovely post

http://laviestsuperbe.blogspot.gr/

agasuitcase said...

OMG! What a collection
Kisses
Aga

Check my new post
PERFECT PARTY DRESS
GIVEAWAY with Choies!!!50 WINNERS!!!
www.agasuitcase.com

Jonnessa said...

Love the collection, great coats. :)
Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll be happy to follow you back. :)
http://jonnessa.blogspot.com/

sonia // daring coco said...

So many awesome looks, though I'm not sure about the leopard coat hehehe!

Have a great week lovely,
SDMxx
www.daringcoco.com

Outside Looking In said...

I always LOVE burberry men's collections! I love the olive green (military) pieces. I'm not sure about those leopard-y shoes though lol! Great post and I can't believe fashion weeks are already starting! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

great!

New Post!
Anthea

Unknown said...

love the first coat
http://melolimparfaite.blogspot.fr/

Imke said...

Leopard prints for men are a no-go to me, but all the rest is so pretty!

XO, Imke

margaret cruzemark said...

This is classic but i really like the leopard shoes, make the difference.
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

amanda said...

ooh those coats!

miss b said...

I love these classic coats especially the neutral and khaki colours. I'm still making up my mind about the leopard print for men!! I always enjoy my visits to your lovely blog and I have just nominated you for an award on my latest post. You deserve it!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Vale @ Fashion and Cookies said...

Very classy and elegant!

Fashion and Cookies

Call me M said...

Very nice collection! Typical Burberry style!

Ceciliette said...

Lets talk about my urgent need of seing guys with those leopards oxfords on the streets NOW!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...