December Magic: Christmas Tree Decorations

Friday 21 December 2012




Christmas is approaching really quickly and I guess we are probably all at the stage of decorating the tree by now! The tradition of setting up a Christmas tree stems from 16th century Germany. Originally decorated with apples, nuts or dates, towards the 18th century candles were starting to be added to the tree and later  with the discovery of electricity, the traditional Christmas lights were also added. Nowadays there is such a wide variety of color palettes you can use to decorate your tree - from the heartwarming golden tones or the traditional red and green to frosty silver and regal blue. I prefer the warmer tones of gold or red for my tree, as I feel that they resonate with the serene and happy atmosphere in a home during this holiday. Here are some beautiful examples of Christmas tree decorations and interior design:






















If your tired of decorating the traditional Christmas tree, here are some witty ideas for an alternative one. Either made of sticks, duct tape, wood or simply decorations on a wall, they all look very festive:












How do you decorate the Christmas tree - the traditional red and green style, or the more modern white tree? Have you ever tried making an alternative Christmas tree or do you always go for the real thing? I would love to try some of these alternative designs, but maybe for next year, this year I already bought my beautiful tree and it's waiting to be decorated this weekend!

Photos: tumblr, pinterest, The Blonde Salad

17 comments:

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

The second tree is really ovearloaded with decorations!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

margaret cruzemark said...

These are some great ideas. Happy Christmas!!
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

lovely pics!

New Post!
Anthea

Imke said...

Oooh, I wish we had a Christmas tree :( My parents aren't into Christmas sadly enough, but I love these photos, so cosy!

Xo, Imke

FASHION TALES said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I love the hanging snowmen ornaments and the wood tree wall. Lovely post. :)

Sam said...

Thanks for your wonderfully thoughtful comment...these decoration inspirations are so pretty, reminds me of holiday movies, we don't have much festive atmosphere here right now being summer. I loved the third tree and that very pretty tree in a glass bulb ornament

Ceciliette said...

I lack so much about this christmas spirit! Hahha give me the food, the family, the champagne, who cares about decorations!

Outside Looking In said...

I love all these trees! My tree doesn't really have a theme--I just keep putting whatever kinds of ornaments I can find and love on it! I love the tree in the clear glass globe and wonder how hard a DIY would be lol!? MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

marykapsi said...

Great pics dear!
Merry xmas!
MaryFashionLove on Facebook
MaryFashionLove

miss b said...

What a great post - so many wonderful trees. I love the pink one and the bauble containing the cute tree is so original. I have one traditional tree and one modern one this year - hoping to post some photos in the next couple of days! Merry Christmas and a very Happy new Year too.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Fabrizia said...

I love Christmas time and you chose great images... wonderful trees!!

Antonella Leone said...

fantastic pics <3<3

Gigi, street style said...

Oh, what a beautiful christmas tree!

Rebecca said...

Loving the festive decorations! I really love that pink decorated tree, so girly!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca

LILA MOONLIGHT said...

I am in love with the 3rd picture, I need such a fireplace, and that parquet so yummi! I see some fun alternative xmas ideas here too, they are great if you have shortage of space.

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.. thanks

Tips minimalkan kerugian dalam Trading forex

raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet store
los angeles lakers jerseys
browns jerseys
instyler max 2
ed hardy uk
adidas nmd r1
armani exchange
houston texans jerseys
nike blazer low
michael kors handbags

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...