Chanel No 5 and Brad Pitt

Monday 22 October 2012




The world's most famous perfume teamed up with one of the world's most well known actors to create a  very intriguing ad campaign. The ad features Brad Pitt, following the footsteps of Marilyn Monroe, Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman or Keira Knightley as the new face of Chanel No 5. I was really surprised when I first heard the news a few months ago, because I thought it was a very bold move to have a man advertise a woman's perfume of such caliber. However seeing the end result now I can say that I like it. It's different, somewhat confusing, but it's definitely creating  buzz around the decade-old brand.

In an interview about the campaign, Brad Pitt talked about his experience working with Chanel. "What's important to remember about Chanel No 5 is how revolutionary this fragrance is; when it was introduced it broke all the rules. No 5 has always been the most iconic women's fragrance. That's what I see being the appeal of this campaign; it goes beyond the abstract of emotion or beauty to evoke what is timeless: a woman's spirit."

There were two different video released for this campaign, one featuring only Brand Pitt and the other one, a more surreal version of the first, featuring model with Brad Pitt's voice over. Have a look at some photos and  at the two campaign videos. Pick your favorite!






 The two campaign videos:






Which one of the two videos was your favorite? Do you like the idea or would you have preferred a woman as the new Chanel No 5 muse? Find out more interesting facts on the famous perfume on the Inside Chanel website!

Photos: Steven Klein for Chanel

23 comments:

Outside Looking In said...

I saw the first ad in a magazine yesterday (I know I'm behind) and I kind of like it. I think I would like the ads better with a clean cut Brad Pitt, but somehow his scruffy looks works too. I'm not sure No 5 is the fragrance for me, but the ads make my imagination go wild lol!

the chilicool said...

Brad Pitt is always sexy!
Alessia
THE CHILI COOL
FACEBOOK

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I love this ad campaign!!!
Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'

margaret cruzemark said...

I think Brad is good but not the right one for this add. He is so American and the brand is so European....
Best Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great blog!
Would you like follow each other?
Write on my blog if you want...
Anthea
www.antheafashion.com

Alessandra Carlomagno said...

i love this campaign, brad pitt is always amazing!
kiss kiss

http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.it/

Borjana said...

Well hello handsome;)
xx
B.
http://www.beeswonderland.com

M.E said...

There is something that doesn't convince me about this ad.. not sure what it is...

http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

Dianne Tho said...

these pics are awesome adn i lvoe the videos

Imke said...

I love Chanel N°5, but I hate these ads featuring Brad Pitt. I just don't think it fits the Chanel image, and the first one is just horrible. The second one is okay, but I'm sure Chanel can do a lot better!

XO, Imke

Antonella Leone said...

I don't love this publicity :S

Unknown said...

not really sure whether brad pitt and Chanel perfume can really tie together..I mean...come on:P

EMA said...

I have to be honest, I am not really liking this ad by chanel :/ but the perfume is always wonderful :D

http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

Camper Trailer said...

You have shared interesting post !! I like this one...

Diana Marks said...

He is the best choice for this campaign !
LA By Diana Live Magazine

Sveva said...

beautiful spot!

http://rueoh.blogspot.it

Marissa D said...

i love brad but i hate that hair.

Ceciliette said...

OH Brad, you can convince me of buying anything!

Unknown said...

He is very nice :)
http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.ch

Ileana said...

This is great! I did not know!!!
You left a comment in my Anna Dello Russo Giveaway, but did not mention the bloglovin follower nor your facebook follower name... If you want to participate, please leave another comment with such information :)
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Barcelona Brunettes said...

Lovely :=)


x0x0

BarcelonaBrunettes
www.barcelonabrunettes.com

raybanoutlet001 said...

yeezy boost 350
cheap michael kors handbags
nhl jerseys
longchamps
oklahoma city thunder
fitflops shoes
salvatore ferragamo
rolex replica watches
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags

Unknown said...

hxy2.15
burberry outlet
burberry outlet store
burberry outlet store
burberry outlet
burberry outlet
burberry outlet sale
burberry outlet
cartier watches for sale
cartier watches
cartier outlet

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...