Vintage clothes @ Street Delivery

Friday 18 June 2010

Vintage clothes shops are really special, they don't look anything like normal clothes stores. The window displays are different, the colours are more vivid, the salespeople have a unique sense of taste and the shop just oozes tranquility, as if it was stuck in time. The clothes seem to have a very well defined personality and it's like they are just hanging there on a rack waiting for the right person to walk in and make them their own. Vintage clothes don't usually mold to somebody's personality, it's the buyer himself who has to be on the same note with the clothes he's choosing. Wearing vintage is not simple, you have to have the eye for it, you have to know what works with your proportions and how to wear the clothes.

Going through a vintage shop is a thrilling experience, like going back in time. While looking and touching the clothes, the bags and the glasses I remembered how I used to dress up in my grandma's clothes and do fashion shows when I was about 4 or 5. From back then I knew that I would end up loving everything old - old clothes, jewelry, shoes or glasses... you name it!

Hats & Bags


The shopassistant

Colours

Bags hanging

Buy Hand jewelry

And speaking of vintage... Could a bag made of two vinyls kept together with some leather be called vintage if the vinyls are old enough? I thought these bags brought a great touch of modernism to the racks, between all the other vintage stuff. I'm only sorry I didn't manage to take a picture of them.

And you? What's your favorite vintage item? What do you look for mostly in a vintage store?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...