Surfer inspiration

Thursday 9 June 2011




You know that time of the year when it's not that warm yet, but you start wearing all your summer clothes hoping that the sun will come out soon, that you'll make summer come quicker if you're wearing those clothes... well that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Holland has the weirdest weather I've ever seen, one day it's so hot outside that you can't stand staying out there for another second and then the next day there's a huge thunderstorm and you're suddenly soaked and freezing. After such crazy, twisted weather changes you automatically start thinking about the big V: vacation! I got really inspired by these surfer pictures, the beautiful sceneries and the colorful boards. The surfer way of life is absolutely irresistible, so serene, without worries and enjoying every second. I can't wait until I will finally get the chance to have my first surf lesson! I'm sure it's not going to be that long, because I'm starting to get impatient. In the meantime, I'll just stare at these surfer paradises from all around the world: Malibu, Santa Barbara, Hawaii and many more. 



























On another note: what's your take on blending high fashion and surf? Are the two mutually exclusive? Are surfers fashion rebels, driven by their own fashion codes or lack thereof or can the two coexist?






This is the reason why I'm asking you this:



Is it insane or the normal next step? Will it prove successful? Would you have expected something like this?


7 comments:

Ioana Liliana said...

Such perfect photos of amazing places!


Fashezine

Irene's Closet said...

Wow, amazing inspiration, like it :D

Mila said...

omg omg so amazing!

GIAA said...

awesome pictures

http://giaa-fashion.blogpspot.com

Helena said...

OMG...I love this pictures...are so inspiring!!! Love it!!!

http://foreverfashion-2011.blogspot.com/

Aura said...

These photos make me think of floaty clothes and romantic wide hats.

Sam said...

Thanks for all the comments! I really felt inspired when I was looking through these pictures and I'm very glad that my inspiration got through to you :)

Aura: that's exactly what surfer fashion is all about for me too! They all look so relaxed!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...