Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week AW 2013: Chanel

Thursday 4 July 2013




I was looking forward to seeing what Karl Lagerfeld would transform the Grand Palais into this time for the Chanel AW Haute Couture show and of course he pulled off another impressive feat! Inspired by a journey between the old and new world, the designer imagined the border between these two worlds as a theatre in ruins through which one can catch a glimpse of a modern city. The metaphor for  the "old world stepping into the new" is portrayed through the fabrics and designs of the garments. The designer brought together his modernist vision of textile innovation and the best traditional craftsmanship (think of embroiderers, milliners, flower makers and many more). 

The main characteristic of this couture collection are the wide belts and the heavy layering, both regarding different types of fabrics and different lengths. In my opinion, among the most interesting looks are the brownish tweed coats paired with a chocolate brown belt and with a salmon belt, the woven black and white cape suit, the black mini dress paired with a transparent floor-length skirt, some of the metallic dresses and of course the first grey ballerina-inspired metallic look.






























































If the runway looks intrigued you, let me show you the runway itself. The ancient theatre in ruins opens up to a skyline of futuristic buildings, thus separating the "old and the new world":








What do you think about this new world definition that Karl proposes? What do you think about all this layering? Do you have any favorite looks?

Photos: Yannis Vlamos/InDigitalteam/GoRunway.com

9 comments:

Ileana said...

This show was definitely one of my fave ones :D
Don't forget to check my giveaway!
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com

Outside Looking In said...

Hello dear! How have you been? I took a little longer break from blogging than I wanted but I am back now. Are you still teaching? I don't hate these looks (I actually love the first brown tweed one!) but I'm not in love with the collection either. I wish Karl would bring back more classic lines/looks rather than so much funky. I wonder if Coco would be happy with how the lines have evolved???

Cassandra Too said...

I really like how classy this collection look!

with love, Cassandra xx
http://backtofive.blogspot.com

Alba - Petit Sweet Couture said...

cool!!

xoxo

Kstylick said...

Love this pic! :) I hope that maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC, Facebook?

Please leave me a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

http://kstylick.blogspot.com

You can also like my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

I will follow you back! :)

Unknown said...

I love the irst one
http://www.melolimparfaite.com

Gaia1956 said...

highest vasectomy success rate - Dads Again
Luxury Med Spa Resorts - Maxwell Aesthetics
relaxing pain management therapy - www.biaofscottsdale.com
best advertising slogans - get a slogan
charming diamond bracelets - Mese London

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags
yeezy boost 350 white
kobe 9
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
jaguars jersey
michael kors handbags sale
north face
dolce and gabbana

Unknown said...

hollister shirts
oakley sunglasses wholesale
camisetas futbol baratas
ralph lauren uk
coach outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cheap ray ban sunglasses
20170515ck

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...