Is fur the new it fabric?

Tuesday 21 September 2010




So sorry for being MIA for the past month, but many things have changed in my life these past weeks and it's been hard for me to keep up with everything! I've been meeting new people and experiencing a different fashion perspective, all this from a new city... I moved to the Netherlands and now live in Maastricht, but that's a story for my travel section. What I wanted to share with you is what I think is becoming a new craze in fashion: FUR. It seems as it's everywhere, from collars to jackets and boots, but what most caught my eye were the sandals. Yes, you heard me right, fur is even on sandals.

CFDA vice president, photographer and designer Reed Krakoff presented his first collection at the New York Fashion Week a few days ago and it was full of interesting mixes. In the shoe department the furry sandals clearly stood out, but the collection also had some show stoppers like the midnight blue long dress with a racer back paired with two-tone boots, the sheer blouse worn with a fur tube scarf or the clean cut dresses that reminded me of minimalist french chic. He is definitely a designer with a lot of potential.

Here are some pics of the fur mixes on the runway:












And of some of the garments paired with the furry sandals:












And finally the midnight blue dress I was talking about:






The setting of the show was also quite interesting, the U-form catwalk offering more visibility of the collection from different angles:



2 comments:

Costin M said...

I'm glad you started posting again! I'm guessing those furry sandals were Snooki-inspired, she always wears stuff like that, haha.

Sam said...

It was a challenge, but I finally found the time to write again and it felt great! Thanks for your support :) I guess this should be the time when I ask who is Snooki hahaha (hope it's not a huge fashion no-no to ask that :s) I started thinking about fur when I saw that everyone was making furry boots, even Chanel! It's a crazy world the fashion world.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...