Lanvin for H&M

Thursday 25 November 2010




What would you answer if I said Tuesday the 23rd of November? That's exactly what I was expecting you to say, LANVIN FOR H&M DAY! What could possibly be more exciting than the launch of this collection?! Well... maybe just the struggle to actually get your hands on one of the pieces in that collection!

In the Netherlands, where I'm currently living, the collection was only available in 4 stores, none of them near to where I live, so I had to (try) to buy it online. The online store opened at 8 AM and of course I was already staring at the screen way before that! When the clock struck 8, it was probably one of the wildest minutes in H&M website history, as it immediately popped an overload sign... I spent my next half an hour clicking continuously on the refresh button, hoping it would work. It finally did and I only had 20 minutes at my disposal before they disconnected me and gave the chance to someone else. That was obviously not a problem for me, as I had been stalking that collection for weeks and I even knew by heart in which order and at what second every piece of clothing appeared in the ad... Ah, what one would do for fashion...





Where was I? Oh, right, I had finally gotten access to the online store! I picked my clothes in less than 30 seconds I think, but there was one thing I hadn't thought of doing before 8 AM... log in to my H&M account... I had my clothes in the shopping bag, but I could not register, "unknown error". I tried changing my password - nothing, I tried setting up a new account - nothing, always the same error message. 9 AM found me in front of my computer, screaming towards the screen urging it to load, and what do you think happened next?





That's right, another message popped onto the screen - technical failure, we're trying to fix this as soon as we can, the website will be working by 9.45. I couldn't believe it. Of course I didn't trust them and I kept clicking the refresh button over and over again, until my luck changed at 9.30 - the website was up and running and I even managed to log in the first time! What happened next you ask... from the 3 items I had selected, 2 of them were somehow already sold out... I rushed and bought the remaining article of course and then decided on the spur of the moment what else to get! Next week I'll be expecting my little bundle of designer joy right at my front door.

I spent more than two weeks deciding which dress I should buy and all the alternatives I had thought of were sold out in a matter of minutes. Never plan too much ahead, as you never know what can go wrong, live the moment and enjoy the adrenaline rush of the unknown!

This is what I finally got:


(the T-shirt)

(the dress on the right)


Can you guess what else I may have wanted, but was sold out? What are your favorite pieces? Did you get any of them? Here's some more eye-candy to help you decide if the two videos didn't help that much. I know it's a tough choice ;)




(Anna dello Russo in the gorgeous pink dress)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...